Thursday 10 July 2014

Carrot, Apple & Ginger Soup


I'm making this right now and I know it'll be fantastic and I know I said I liked soups with texture but I love the sound of this. This reminds me of something I read once, what's longer a microwave minute or a treadmill minute haha how about waiting for a delicious soup bubbling away.

Cut up 5 cups of carrots, 1 big apple, grate 2tbsp of ginger, mince 2 cloves of garlic. Cut up 1 onion and add to pot with 1 tbsp olive oil for 5 minutes. Then add ginger and garlic and let it cook for a few minutes then add the carrots and apple.

We freeze our ginger and it's fine and easier to grate.





Add 4 cups of vegetable stock (mine wasn't salt reduced) and let it cook for 20 minutes


Blend with an immersion blender, I didn't have nutmeg so I added a pinch of cinnamon.


4. Done



Found this to be delicious and warming from the ginger (good if you have a cold). It also makes a lot of servings and is quite cheap. This soup would be perfect on a chilly winter day or if you were sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment