Thursday 10 July 2014

Chilled BananaNut Pie


Today I made Heidi's Chilled BananaNut pie and it was so good. I'm a huge sucker for raw, vegan desserts. 

How dangerously close to falling is this, it makes me nervous just looking at it but I was so eager to eat it I didn't even notice. Thankfully, it didn't drop. 




Processed all the ingredients to this consistency, a bit hard to see but they sort of stuck together but you could still see some nuts. 

Squish with your fingers:

Made the filling: 

Pour in filling and put in freezer! It's that easy.


Longest 2 hours ever! I used honey instead of maple syrup (1.5tsp instead of 2) and coconut essence instead of vanilla essence. I also added toasted coconut and some chopped peanuts to serve.

I really loved how healthy, delicious and fast this was and anything no bake is a winner. The only downside is the ingredients are a little expensive. Next time I would use a smaller cake tin (mine was 26cm in diameter) to get a better filling to base ratio. 


No comments:

Post a Comment