Thursday 10 July 2014

Me & Art


I've been obsessed with brunch places lately as you can tell from my previous posts. This place is seriously cute and all kinds of lovely.

The outside:

As you walk in, there are lots of little tucked away spots for you to sip on your coffee and have a bite. 


As you keep walking through the place, there is a courtyard with lots of seating areas.Such a welcome surprise (especially since the day was gorgeous and sunny). 



Breakfast menu


Soy cappuccino

My coconut chai latte, I normally don't drink coffee but the coconut milk and chai suckered me in. This was delicious and the coconut was just perfect (the coconut was quite mild, just an aftertaste and not overpowering)


I got the chia trifle which was chia seeds in coconut milk with berries and coconut yogurt. I was expecting a dollop of coconut yogurt on top which I really wanted to try. You can't taste the coconut yogurt or milk which is dissapointing and I only got through half as I didn't taste any flavour except the berries which were nice and necessary. Sadly, I wouldn't recommend this and I would go for the bircher which I have heard good things about. 




My sister got these cocoa and cinnamon buckwheat pancakes with banana, berries, nuts and seeds, maple syrup I think. I really liked these! The pancakes were fluffy and not at all chewy and the syrup is nice but a little sweet at the end once it's totally saturated with it. My sister thought they were filling but I couldn't really detect any nuts, I'm not sure if they are hidden under the bananas.


The lunch menu. I must go back for the Thai vegan pie (drooling!) and the tofu cashew sour cream sounds interesting


Pros: The service! I love everything on the menu and I wish I'd taken a photo of the drinks because some of the smoothies and milkshakes sounded incredible. Very convenient to get to, it's only a few minutes walk from central station.  Prices are very reasonable.

Cons: The food on the menu sounds better than the taste but that could've just been my dish.

I would definitely recommend this place for the coffee and a relaxed vibe and if you want to check out some Japanese art. Also, if you like vegan or healthy food. I'll definitely be back to explore more of the art (I'm not sure if there is more on the second level) and try out the bircher muesli, scrambled tofu, vegan pies and other drinks.


Me & Art on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment