Thursday 10 July 2014

Overnight Oats In A Jar


I'd wanted to try this recipe for ages after seeing beautiful pictures of overnight oats in a jar and every time I see #oiaj on instagram I think I must get some nice yogurt asap. 


Also, we got a new fridge! Sadly, our old fridge couldn't be fixed :( 


I adapted the recipe slightly using 1/3 cup soy milk, pinch of salt and cinnamon, 1/3 cup rolled oats, 1 tub of chobani (about 1/3 cup including some of the fruit), didn't put chia or banana. Then leave it in the fridge overnight and enjoy it in the morning. I can't wait to make almond butter and put it in the almost empty jar.



This was seriously delicious! It has a pudding like consistency but the oats have softened and released their gluten? the thing that makes them gluggy when you make oatmeal,

I liked that it tasted quite creamy, was portable, filling and healthy. Most importantly, no flaffing around in the kitchen in the morning!



I've also tried this the next day with blueberry chobani, basil seeds and shredded coconut. It was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment