Thursday 10 July 2014

Dips!


Tzatziki from a Woolworths magazine:

I added 2 tbsp of chopped fresh mint, 1.5 cups greek yogurt, 1 medium zucchini (said finely chopped but I grated mine), 1tbsp of lemon juice (should be fresh, I used bottled and it tastes fine), 1 clove of minced garlic and stirred it up. Tasted really good with indian curry tune on crackers/ bread.


Almond Butter: 
Roast almonds, lay flat until browned and wait till they've cooled.

then Blend!

It'll start looking fine and loose and then like this, you'll have to scrape down the sides a few times. Maybe try short pulses until it gets smooth. 



To prevent overheating, stop it and you can come back to it. I broke my food processor but letting it run for the full 20 minutes at a time. 

It'll start looking smoother (usually around the 15 min mark). Keep blending till you get the consistency you want

 A 500g bag of almonds makes a full-sized bottle


I find it a lot easier and nicer with roasted nuts than raw nuts, but both taste quite good. If you're roasting your own, definitely let them cool first to prevent over heating. 

I've made an almond, brazil and cashew one which is really good. I've also tried walnut, coconut and maple syrup, macadamia and coconut and roasted macadamia with sea salt and honey (my favourite). In the future, I plan to make coconut butter, which involves processing shredded coconut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment