Thursday 10 July 2014

My 21st!


I had a little party for my 21st with 8 of my closest friends. Here's what I made:


Appetisers
Spinach dip in a cob loaf:
You need a packet (250g) frozen spinach thawed and get as much of the liquid out as possible, 1 500g tub of lite sour cream and a continental spring vegetable soup sachet (I think some people use french onion too).
Mix these together and I left this mix in the fridge for a few hours.




When guests arrive, Slice off the top of the loaf, pull out the bread from the inside so it's only the case. Put the dip mixture into the hole you've made. I added some pizza mix cheese on top.
Then put it in the oven at 150 degrees celcius for 15 minutes, then put the torn bread (from the cob loaf) into the oven too for another 5 minutes.
You can also serve this cold too.


Chunky Guacamole inspired by this:
4 ripe avocados diced and slightly smushed up, 1 tomato, 1/2 spanish onion, 3/4 cup of toasted pine nuts, handful of corriander, some chopped sundried tomatoes and juice from 1 lemon. Served with corn chips but it didn't taste as good as it looked, I didn't like the lemon juice in it.



Red rock deli dips - the red capsicum dip is my absolute favourite and the thai pumpkin one was alright. Served with corn chips like the guacamole


 Roasted red capsicum, pecorino, cashews and basil dip 

 Thai curry pumpkin and cashews, tastes like pumpkin with thai spices


Main:
DIY pizza: I had everyone make their own pizza, I had a lot of toppings (way too much for 8 people), 1 bottle of tomato paste, 1 packet of pizza mix cheese and I used the mission pizza bases (my favourite but you can also use 2 sheets of mountain bread or lebanese bread ).

Toppings:
- 1 small butternut pumpkin
- 3 capcicum
- 500g button mushrooms
- 600g marinara mix
- 12 slices or so of salami
- ham
- 1 whole roast chicken from Coles which I shredded
- 1 tin of olives
- 1 can of pineapple pieces
- sundried tomato
- pinenuts, walnuts and cashews
- rocket
- feta

Pizza's from the night:


I had a lot left over so these are some of my leftover pizza combinations:
This one has shredded chicken, capsicum, some pumpkin, some mushroom, onion, olives, cheese and some feta.

This has some chicken, pumpkin, capsicum, olives, sun dried tomato, pine nuts and feta


Rocket, parmesan, walnut salad:
I used 400g of rocket leaves, 125g shaved parmesan and 1 cup of toasted walnuts and 4 ripe pears (shaved with a grater). I also made a lemon/olive oil dressing with 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice  but it didn't need it.

Make this just before guests arrive otherwise the pears go dark.

I also bought some Coles brand Garlic bread

Dessert
I had the small ricotta cheesecake from Pasticceria Papa. Possibly my favourite cake ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment