Thursday 10 July 2014

'Ellen Burger' by Fabio Viviani


I'm always fascinated by vegan food so I thought I'd try making some vegan patties. 

Chopped 10 mushrooms and 1/2 an onion (should be red though):

Add 1 tbsp of flour, 2tsp of cumin, corriander, 3 cloves of garlic

Put this mixture in along with a bunch of parsley and a can of chickpeas


Process till you can form a patty without it falling apart (quite a lot do it until chickpeas are pretty smooth)

 5I think Fabio grills it, I panfried them until browned on both sides. Would be ok on BBQ if your patty holds up too.

Store it for later, you can use these instructions


I liked that it's healthy, has less ingredients than other veggie burgers and it was fund to mould. However, I put too much parsley in and that's all I could taste. If I re-made it, I would add the parsley in as a went. The oh she glows one also looks incredible so I'll probably try that one first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment