Thursday 10 July 2014

Vegetarian Frittata


I made this vegetarian frittata for lunch today

Chop an onion, zucchini, capsicum and mushrooms. Any leftover vegetables would work though. Pumpkin would be nice


Sauté vegetables and season with salt and pepper


Beat eggs first. Then add half a cup of soy milk (rather than together as in picture)


Put vegetables in baking dish and pour egg mixture over it. Bake for 40 minutes. 


Done!






Such a great recipe when you need to get rid of vegetables as it's incredibly easy, tasty, healthy, fast and cheap. I did find it a little watery though so next time I'll drain the liquids after sautéing the vegetables some more. I'll also try it with some cheese and pine nuts on top for a stronger flavour. I might also add an extra egg in. 

Once it's cooled, wrap it in cling wrap and you should be able to store this in a fridge for around 3 days or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment