Thursday 10 July 2014

Healthy Banana Bread


I adapted this Banana bread a day ago and it's been my go to recipe ever since. Incredibly delicious and healthy. 

1 cup wholemeal self raising flour and 1 cup white flour sifted.


If you get this from the bottom of the wholemeal flour, you can just throw it. It still makes 1 cup without it (I checked).


Add 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp bicarb soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, 100g (1 cup) walnuts, broken up to the size you like.  Stir till combined well and make a well

Mash 2 large bananas (1 cup)


Add mashed bananas, 2 eggs (lightly whisked) and 1 cup soy milk in the well of the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined


Put in a 6cm deep, 10x20cm loaf pan 




I actually found this to be so much nicer the next day which is probably why on the website they say make the day before. Heat a slice in the microwave for 40sec and slather with nut butter.

I love this banana bread because it's so easy and heathy without sacrificing on flavour or texture. Everyone I've given it to has loved it. It can be frozen for up to 3 months! I prefer it to the Donna Hay one as it has less ingredients and easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment