Thursday 10 July 2014

La Zuppa & Quorn


Here are two reviews for products I've tried recently:

I've tried heaps of the La Zuppa soups in the cups (my favourite being the Moroccan Pumpkin one but the chicken and wild rice one is nice too) but they've got these new pouch ones now that serve 2. I tried the Tuscan Chicken and Vegetables one. 

Heat each bowl for 2 minutes. 


I like that they use real ingredients you can see and the ingredients are quite substantial (decent sized vegetables and chicken). No artificial colours/flavours/preservatives and incredibly healthy (all natural ingredients and most soups are under 200 calories/serve). It's probably the best 'homemade' style soup in the soup aisle of the supermarket although pitango is supposed to be quite good as well.

I did find it a little salty though and it is incredibly expensive (individual cups around $4 each). 

I would buy it again if it was on special and I really wanted soup but didn't want to make my own.

Quorn: Pepper and Herb sausages:


I didn't take a picture because all I did was cut it up into smaller pieces and put them in a pan with a bit of oil till they were brown. I think it would be nice as a vegetarian alternative at a sauce sizzle around bread with sauce. It would also taste delicious chopped up in fried rice. 

I wouldn't recommend microwaving them as they go quite hard and you dont get the crunch from the pan. Although the company website says not to freeze them as it might affect the taste, I put some in the freezer, defrosted them and it didn't affect the taste.

I found them really tasty with a consistency/texture and taste similar to a sausage. I thought it was better than most faux meat product as it had a lot of flavour, high protein and low calorie. I did find it was a little dry and needed a lot of tomato sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment